Ultimate Towner Amazing Race 2022
The 9th Annual Jackson Hole Ultimate Towner is now an AMAZING RACE! Read the description below for updated event information.
We have a limited number of sponsored discount codes available because we want to make this experience available to all members of our community. Use as necessary as our goal is also to generate funds for Search and Rescue.
towner10 = 10% off, towner20 = 20% off, towner30, towner40 = 40% off or towner50 = 50% off available for a limited supply while sponsor funds remain.
Get ready for the NEW and EVOLVED 9th Annual Jackson Hole Ultimate Towner Amazing Race!
You can check out the event COURSE MAP to get an idea of course checkpoints.
Your team goal is to earn as many points as you can by submitting text, photos, and videos via our app you will download on your smartphone to complete as many checkpoints and challenges as possible over a 2 hour period (11 AM to 1 PM Approximately). If you are an individual, you can still participate knowing that you will need to submit photos and videos of challenges. You can also join with other individuals before or on the event day to form a team.
Strategy, Creativity, and Teamwork will rule the day!
This is NOT like previous years where the course is one direction.
This year your team will:
- Choose how to navigate the course based on maps and our Amazing Race smartphone event app.
- Your team will submit text, photos, and videos to complete physical, mental, and creative challenges and earn points.
There will be hosts for some of the checkpoint challenges to assist with photos & videos.
Visit www.ultimatetowner.com to see what’s NEW this year.
Regular Price: $79 per adult, $49 per youth. DISCOUNTED registration is available for a limited time.
The 2022 Event Beneficiary: Teton County Search and Rescue Foundation.
We are automatically donating $10 per registered participant to the Teton County Search and Rescue Foundation. We encourage an additional donation when you register – 100% of which will go directly to them. We will even double your donation through Old Bills. Additional funds raised from the event will also be donated.
Additional Registration Details
You will register for the number of people you want to pay for. You can add a team name now if you know your name. You will create your “official” team name when you log into your game app on the event day using ONE TEAM EMAIL AND PASSWORD when you log into our event app.
All ages welcome, Children 12 and under register with a separate ticket AND must be accompanied by a registered adult.
THE ULTIMATE TOWNER WILL BE HELD RAIN OR SHINE!!!
- The Ultimate Towner Amazing Race Experience! PRICELESS!
- A $10 automatic direct cash donation to our event beneficiary, Teton County Search and Rescue Foundation, from your entry fee which is then matched to make $20 via Old Bills and the JH Community Foundation. We DO encourage additional direct donations upon registration.
- An Event Sticker (while supplies last for most attendees who register prior to the event.)
- Event prizes from sponsors! Check out the website for sponsor prize updates
We recommend two to six participants per team. Teams stay together during the event completing checkpoints as one team. Someone will need to submit the photos and videos to earn points for your team and we find that having 4-6 people is optimal for the Amazing Race.
If you are an individual, you can still participate knowing that you will need to submit photos and videos of challenges. This is MUCH MORE than just a physical, run-around-the-town event. You can also join with other individuals before or on the event day to form a team.
Checkpoints are located around the town of Jackson within 1 square mile of Town Square. Your team will receive preliminary course information before the event to strategize your approach (if you choose!). Your team will download a smartphone event app that will have location checkpoints and on-the-go challenges (done anywhere) integrated into the Towner course. This app will have all the checkpoints and challenges integrated with Google Maps for easy navigation.
Teams acquire points by submitting texts, photos, and videos to your downloaded smartphone event app to complete checkpoint challenges. Submissions are judged for accuracy and bonus points are awarded for style. At the end of the event, the team with the most points wins! Prizes will be given for specific checkpoint challenges.
Final course updates will be released the week prior to the event to those registered. This will allow your team to strategize on the navigation of your course checkpoints.
This is an ALL AGES EVENT, and Children 12 and under must register and be accompanied by a registered, paying adult.
Please, no dogs (other than service animals) on the course. No alcoholic open containers are allowed around the town.
Bicycles, skateboards and non-motorized vehicles are allowed. Be sure to follow all the Rules of the Road!
Event-specific questions, sponsorship, volunteering or how to be more involved contact Grand Dynamics at email@example.com.
This event is about teamwork, creativity, having fun, and celebrating our Jackson Hole community of amazing people. Your Amazing Race team will optimize their experience by having the following roles:
- Tech person to download the event app
- Navigator to facilitate how to choose where the team will go to complete checkpoints
- Creative director for submitting photos and videos
- Safety officer to make sure teams adhere travel guidelines throughout town (crosswalks, street crossings)
- More Cowbell! Keep the motivation high
- Mystery: What else might you want to consider for completing an Amazing Race?
Approximate Event Timeline
- 9:30 AM
- Phil Baux Park Open
- 10:00 AM
- Team warm-ups & start GETTING PSYCHED!
- 10:30 AM
- Official Opening Ceremonies
- with course briefing for the NEW Choose Your Adventure format, including a course safety briefing and important information about your Ultimate Experience.
- 10:45 AM
- All Participant ULTIMATE ELEVATION Warm-Up
- 11:00 AM
- Game On! All Towners Begin on Course
- 1:00 PM
- Arrive at the Finish Line (Snow King Hotel) for food, beverage, networking and closing ceremonies
- 2:00 PM
- Prizes, awards and amazing event video!
- 3:00 PM
- Departures and course breakdown volunteer support (3-6 pm)