TRAINING to CLIMB YOUR MOUNTAIN – Featuring The Grand Teton
“We cannot lower the mountain. Therefore, we must elevate ourselves.” —Todd Skinner
Overview of the Guide
This training guide features physical conditioning strategies for how one can prepare to climb a mountain. Specifically, this guide relates to climbing the Grand Teton in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. This training guide was written by Gary Falk, Exum Guide, former Personal Trainer of One to One Wellness and contract facilitator for Grand Dynamics. Edited and redistributed with permission by Grand Dynamics. This training guide will answer questions such as:
- What should the main focus of the physical training be on?
- What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic fitness?
- Should I use heart rate training? If so, How?
- What does the concept of “volume” in training mean?
- What is the role of “cross training” in preparation for mountain climbing?
- What are some sample cross training exercises?
- What are some sample training schedules for a typical week or month?
- How can I prevent injuries while training to climb a mountain?